Home > Tourism Sites > Khiran Resort
In This Section
Since opening its doors in February 1987, Khiran Resort has become one of Kuwait’s most popular summer getaways. Located in the Khiran District – approximately 110 kilometers from Kuwait City – it occupies a prime seafront spot, stretching across an area of more than 830,000 square meters overlooking the Arabian Gulf.
Lavish greenery, beautifully landscaped lawns, and sandy beaches surround the Resort, perfectly contrasting against the sparking blue waters to create a real seaside haven.
Khiran Resort features three kinds of fully-furnished and fully-equipped accommodations, catering to guests’ various needs. All rooms are located right at the coastline, overlooking the soothing blue waters and allowing guests to enjoy breathtaking sea views.
Properties available for rent include:
- 148 deluxe chalets, suitable for a group of six to eight persons
- 48 spacious studios, two floors each, suitable for a smaller group of four persons
- 40 high-end villas, suitable for a family of up to ten persons
Designated parking spots are provided for the chalets and villas, whilst ample parking space is also available for other guests and visitors.
Free Wi-Fi is available throughout the Resort for all guests. A mini supermarket, several mosques, a clinic and laundry service complete the Khiran Resort experience, to guarantee guests a comfortable and hassle-free stay.
Sports & Recreation
An extensive range of recreational and sporting facilities are available at the Khiran Resort, offering guests and their families a full and diverse program of activities, including:
- Swimming pools: Two full size pools – ‘Kubbar’, a salt water pool, and ‘Rawdatien’, a fresh water pool – complete with slides, a poolside café and spacious gardens that can host various social events.
- Beach front activities: Sea activities such as jet-skiing and scuba diving are available along the beach front, as well as two snack shacks situated along the beach, offering light refreshments and shisha.
- Outdoor sports activities: A number of sports courts and fields are spread out across the Resort, including tennis, volleyball and basketball courts, football fields and a multipurpose sports ground. Wide bike paths are also provided for cycling and skating enthusiasts, and bikes are available for rental at the Resort.
- Indoor game center: Equipped with an arcade, a billiards and snooker hall, a bowling alley and a fast food restaurant.
- The Kid’s Club: Housing a safe play-area for children and offering a number of fun and creative activities to keep children entertained for the day.
- The Health Club: Offering a fully-equipped gym, as well as a full-service salon and spa, for both men and women.
- Other activities include: horse and carriage rentals, and a train ride for both sightseeing and transportation.
Outsourced entertainment can also be arranged with the facility manager for special events.
A selection of casual dining experiences is available at the Resort, catering to all tastes and serving guests throughout the day, such as:
- Al Bahaar Restaurant: The resort’s main kitchen, serving breakfast, lunch and dinner, in addition to offering takeaway and snacks to guests at any time during the day. With indoor and outdoor seating areas, the restaurant offers a stunning view of the seaside.
- Cafeteria Al-Baraha: An outdoor grill and open-air café with a self-service fast-food counter. Visitors can grab a light meal or snack, a hot cup of coffee, or even enjoy a leisurely shisha – all whilst enjoying the sounds of the resident oriental band. The cafeteria can also be booked for parties and other social events.
- The Terrace Café:An elegant chill-out lounge located on the first floor of the Sea Club, with an open veranda overlooking the serenity of the blue sea surrounding the Resort.
Yachting & Maritime Activities
Khiran Resort is an absolute dream getaway for all sailing enthusiasts and sea lovers, offering a number of maritime activities for those looking to enjoy the sea and surf.
The Marina Yacht Club offers a huge berthing space for 260 yachts and land parking for 286 cruisers of all sizes. Three workshops are strategically located within the marina area, providing boat servicing and repairs for Club members and in-house guests.
Guests can also enjoy a relaxing boat trip out into the deep blue sea, with boats available for rental at Al Boom Marina Shop. The on-site maritime supplies store also offers a wide variety of swim wear, as well as a complete range of marine, yachting, and diving equipment.
Located on the second floor of the Sea Club, Al-Dazza Hall caters to all banqueting needs, including social events, family gatherings, corporate trainings, seminars, meetings, and all sorts of parties. The room can be divided into two sections, and can accommodate up to 150 people.
Guest Entry Fees:
- Children (7 – 12 years old): 2 KD
- Adults: 10 KD
Vehicles can enter into the guest parking with a refundable deposit of 50 KD, until 12 am on the same day.
For more information :
Kindly visit www.khiranresort.com or Kindly contact us at 23951122, 25627230 or the TEC Service Center at 1806806.